It’s unfortunate, but not every real estate agent is created equal. The fact is, sometimes a real estate agent just isn’t doing every thing they can or should do to sell your home. But how do you know you’re real estate agent isn’t everything they could be? Check out these 5 signs you’re working with a bad real estate agent
- Not Listening: It’s all about you!, You’re agent should be asking you what you want to find in a home, then offer their take on how to find it. If your agent continually shows you homes out of your price range, not in the neighborhoods you want or simply not meeting your needs, they are not listening. Now, with that being said, the agent should be offering suggestions and his advice, but ultimately he needs to incorporate your ideas.
- Works Part Time: There’s many people out there who have decided to get their real estate license and try to sell homes on the weekend. The fact is, this is a full time job. Especially in this difficult housing market. If you’re working with an inexperienced, part time agent, it’s time to find a new agent!
- Don’t Know the Area: Think about it- Could you imagine working with an agent who doesn’t know his or her own market. That would be like seeing a doctor who doesn’t understand how to check your heartbeat! One of the main reasons you hire a real estate agent is that you need someone who is an expert in the neighborhoods you’re interested in.
- No Time for You: You want to be working with a busy real estate agent. Busy means a number of people want to work with them, and that’s a good sign they’re good at what they do. But even still, the agent should be responsive, and get back to you in a timely manner. If you find your agent isn’t responding to your emails or messages, it’s time to move on.
- Pressuring You: If your agent is pushing you towards making an offer on a house you’re just not so sure about, they are not the right agent for you. A good agent will tell you what are your options, not force you to make a choice if you’re not ready.
Want to learn more about finding a Columbia real estate agent? Give me a call today: 803.318.6412.